Optometrist job in Hitchin
Shephard & Akay Optometrists
What’s in it for you?
Shephard and Akay Optometrists, Hitchin’s premier independent opticians since 1985, is looking for a tenacious Optometrist to join our team.
With over three decades of experience and led by our dedicted and highly experienced team since 1982, we take pride in delivering unbeatable eye care.
As proud members of the British Contact Lens Association (BCLA) and the UK Keratoconus Self Help and Support Association, we stay at the forefront of industry advancements. Beyond optics, we actively engage in charity projects, reflecting our commitment to community well-being.
At Shephard & Akay, our new Optometrist will be supported to offer a world class service and leading eye health assessments, with our patients at the centre of everything we do.
You will also receive:
- Your birthday off work
- No Sunday or bank holiday working
- Free & regular CPD courses
- Access to Simply Health (claim cashback on healthcare purchases)
- Retail discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
About the Role
We’re looking for a full-time Optometrist to join us in delivering outstanding patient care.
You’ll be an integral part of our team here and will help us drive our service offering forward, always looking for opportunities to improve and innovate.
We’re also looking for someone who shares our dedication to putting patients first and spending the time needed to get to the bottom of their visual needs.
Just as important to us is the way you interact with patients. Providing a friendly, informative, and empathetic service is a must.
Ultimately, you must be an ambassador for our brand and profession within the local community.
Educating others about the benefits of eye care is an ongoing challenge and one that we look forward to meeting head-on with you as a part of our team.
We are a committed independent practice, dedicated to providing our patients with high-quality care and an exceptional experience in practice.
- Our test times are 40 minutes
- We have three consulting rooms
- Our testing equipment includes OCT, HFA, i-care, corneal topographer
- We are a team of 10
- The role requires you to work 2 Saturdays a month (9-2), no Sundays or Bank Holidays
- Contact lenses are an important part of what we do, including specialist lenses for keratoconus and other corneal irregularities and there will be opportunity to get involved with this if you’re interested
Our local community is a part of our identity here and we constantly see the benefits our work has when we’re out and about in the area.
Click apply below and we will ensure you are contacted as soon as possible by one of our team.
Salary – Max
Salary – Min
- Submit CV
- Zoom Interview
- Practice Visit
- Offer Stage