Optometrist job in Croydon
This is an opportunity for you to make a difference in patients’ lives.
You didn’t become an Optometrist to sell glasses…
As an independent practice, we can provide you with the clinical freedom, time, and equipment to solve problems and genuinely help people.
Our patients are loyal to us, returning year after year, meaning you’ll have the opportunity to see real continuity of care too.
We believe working with us will allow you to escape hollow targets whilst providing you with a platform to have your voice heard in practice.
What’s the Opportunity
- Your Birthday Off Work
- No Sunday or Bank Holiday working
- Free & Regular CPD Courses
- Access to SimplyHealth (claim cashback on healthcare purchases)
- Retail Discounts
- Cycle to Work Scheme
We’re looking for a confident and outgoing Optometrist to join us in delivering outstanding patient care.
You’ll be an integral part of our team here and will help us drive our service offering forward, always looking for opportunities to improve and innovate.
We offer a full range of services alongside the usual routine eye examinations and contact lens appointments, such as the enhanced NHS services called the Croydon Eyecare Services (think of this as a supercharged MECS) which include red eyes, Flashes and Floaters and glaucoma refinement.
We’re also looking for someone who shares our dedication to putting patients first and spending the time needed to get to the bottom of their visual needs.
Just as important to us is the way you interact with patients. Providing a friendly, informative, and empathetic service is a must.
Ultimately, you must be an ambassador for our brand and profession within the local community.
Educating others about the benefits of eye care is an ongoing challenge and one that we look forward to meeting head-on with you as a part of our team.
We are a committed independent practice, dedicated to providing our patients with high-quality care and an exceptional experience in practice. Clinics like myopia management and dry eye are also offered alongside other services like IPL and Pleph-Ex.
We also have a great relationship with Moorfields hospital and our other resident Optometrists attend their for clinics too. We are happy to support our new Optometrist with their clinical development and the growth in their accreditiations – both of our existing Optometrists are working towards their Independent Prescribing.
- Our test times are 30-50 minutes including Contact Lenses and children at 20 minutes
- We have 2 consulting rooms plus a pre-screen area and a Dispensing area
- Our testing equipment includes an OCT-A (hospital grade), phoropter heads, auto refractor, Bleph-Ex machine, slit lamp and pressures in testing rooms, OCT and Zeiss viual field machineand Top-Con retinal camera are in the pre-screen area plus an IPL.
- We are a team of 8 including Optoms, Dispensing Opticians, Optical Advisors and a Lab Manager
- The role requires you to work 3 in 4 Saturdays a month.
Our local community is a part of our identity here and we constantly see the benefits our work has when we’re out and about in the area.
Click apply below and we will ensure you are contacted as soon as possible by our professional recruitment partner.
- Submit CV
- Zoom Interview
- Practice Visit
- Offer Stage