Optical Assistant job in Blackburn
Tyrrells & Embery Opticians
What’s in it for you?
If you’re naturally interested in a blend of fashion and science, with a role where you can interact with new people daily, this role is for you.
This opportunity is open to the right candidate who can demonstrate great organisational and customer service skills. This role is ideal for someone who is looking to embark on a career in Optics. Sales/customer skills are important. Not having a background in Optics is not a problem as we can provide full training for the role. You would start off with reception/customer service duties and then progress on to the Optical Assistant course. In the future, if you have enough ambition and patience, you can go all the way to train as a fully qualified Dispensing Optician; the world is your oyster!
The ideal candidate must have the following.
- You must be a ‘people person’.
- Must be a good communicator.
- Must take pride in your work.
- Must have a professional, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Must have commercial / sales skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Preferably fashion-conscious/aware
- Preferably with social media experience
You’ll be working with some of the global leading fashion brands and cutting-edge equipment, all alongside our supportive and friendly team of experts. You will go home emotionally fulfilled, knowing that you have had a positive impact on our clients. A new pair of glasses can make a huge difference to clients, and there’s nothing more rewarding than seeing them smile as they leave our practice with the perfect pair that you’ve helped style them with.
You will also receive:
All our team members enjoy a whole range of fantastic benefits including:-
- Access to an innovative discount platform
- Private health care cashback scheme
- Pension plan
- Access to our own Financial Flexibility Fund
- Family and Friends discount structure
- Have your birthday as an extra day off work.
- Full and complimentary training on an official ‘Optical Assistant Course’
- Annual, all-expenses-paid conference to meet and network with other like-minded Optician’s Practices nationwide.
About the Role
Tyrrells & Embery are looking for an Optical Assistant to join our independent optician’s practice. We strongly believe in our people and provide them with the best tools to thrive in a growing business, designed to make the professional journey smoother. You must be warm and welcoming with the ability to build a rapport with each of our clients and the ability to work as a team.
- Working as part of a dedicated customer service team.
- Being involved in all aspects of the customer journey.
- Meeting and greeting clients and building rapport.
- Welcoming clients and making them feel comfortable and offering them a drink.
- Answering the phone and booking appointments.
- Operating sophisticated optical machinery to work alongside the Optometrist.
- Frame styling clients
- Dispensing spectacles and lenses to a high degree of accuracy using top-end products.
- Ordering and checking spectacles.
- Doing great adjustments and fittings while delivering a WOW service.
- Fulfilling administration duties to ensure the flawless running of the practice.
We are a committed independent optician practice, dedicated to providing our clients with a first-class experience.
- Our opening hours are Monday – Saturday, 0900 – 17.30 (occasional late-night opening)
- The role includes Saturdays.
- We are a team of 5
- We are a highly respected and innovative practice and are well thought of in the Lancashire region
- We are on first name terms with some of the leading hospital consultants in the are
- Full training provided for the right candidate.
Our local community is part of our identity, and we regularly see the benefits our work has when we’re out in the area too
Click apply below and we will ensure you are contacted as soon as possible by one of our team.
Salary – Max
Salary – Min
- Submit CV
- Zoom Interview
- Practice Visit
- Offer Stage