Optical Assistant Apprenticeship job in Exeter
Pullen & Symes
What’s in it for you?
Are you ready to take the first step in a rewarding and engaging career?
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team as an Optical Assistant Apprentice. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is interested in pursuing a career in the optical industry and looking to gain valuable experience and skills.
As our new apprentice, you will be working alongside our experienced team members to provide excellent customer service to our clients. You will be responsible for tasks such as booking appointments, dispensing glasses, maintaining accurate records, and providing advice to customers on the best products for their needs.
You will also have the opportunity to learn about the latest optical technology and trends, and gain experience in a fast-paced and dynamic industry. This is a fun and exciting role that offers the chance to work with a great team of people, and to develop skills that will be valuable throughout your career.
You will also receive:
- Your birthday off work
- No Sunday or bank holiday working
- Free & regular CPD courses
- Access to Simply Health (claim cash-back on health-care purchases)
- Retail discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
About the Role
As an Optical Assistant Apprentice you will be carrying out some day to day duties as well as developing certain skills and expanding your role over a period of time. You will be expected to greet customers, develop an understanding of clinically issued prescriptions, offer advice on products that is personalised for your customers, as well as carrying out admin duties and more. The role of an Optical Assistant changes day to day and will develop during the course of your apprenticeship, making it an exciting and interesting position to be involved in!
Your training will include;
- Level 3 Optical Assistant Apprenticeship.
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Functional skills Maths and Literacy, can be obtained on the course (if required).
- Enhancement / challenge – how to develop ourselves.
- Equality and diversity – treating others equally, respect / accept others from different backgrounds.
- British values – democracy, rule of law, respect and tolerance, individual liberty.
- Prevent – safeguarding individuals from being drawn into terrorism.
- Digital skills – keeping up with technology and effective use.
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding career in the optical industry, then we want to hear from you! Please apply with your CV by clicking ‘Apply’ below and a member of our recruitment team will reach out.
Salary – Max
Salary – Min
- Submit CV
- Zoom Interview
- Practice Visit
- Offer Stage